Re: 30.8. & 1.9.2023 - East Rutherford, NJ, Metlife Stadium

Viesti Kirjoittaja Riku »

Eikös täällä ole kolmaskin keikka?
rane
Mr. BruusTone
Viesti:

Re: 30.8. & 1.9. & 3.9.2023 - East Rutherford, NJ, Metlife Stadium

Viesti Kirjoittaja rane »

Alla raportointia by Stan G @ Spring-nuts FB.
Kesto 2:57 ja Spirit teki tämän Tourin ensiesiintymisen.

—————————
Friday, Sept. 1
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey set list

"What a beautiful night. Is that the moon coming up? Thank you, thank you, we've had a couple of great nights here already," Bruce Springsteen said right before he played, "I'll See You in My Dreams."

Yes, it was a beautiful night in many ways Friday at MetLife Stadium. The weather was perfect, you couldn't ask for better, 70 degrees and no humidity. And Bruce and the E Street Band brought the beauty also, a fun fresh show with a couple of surprises.

It was my first show since the April 14 Prudential Center show in Newark, New Jersey, although I have watched many livestreams.

This is a little longer than usual, since I was there and my emotions really kicked in at time.

Band takes stage: 7:54 p.m.
First note: 7:56 p.m.

"Hello my people! Welcome New Jersey, welcome," Bruce said as he took the stage.

1. Lonesome Day
2. Night
3. No Surrender
4. Ghosts
Bruce's voice sound great tonight, even on the high notes here.
5. Prove It All Night
6. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
This was not on the printed set list. Played for the 11th time this tour and only the second time in the U.S. It was played at the March 29, Detroit show and the last time it was played in Europe was July 13 in Copenhagen.
7. Letter To You
8. The Promised Land
Maybe I'm getting more emotional as I get older. I've heard Bruce play "The Promised Land" hundreds of times. Tonight the tears just started to flow. I have no idea where they came from. I'm not a crier (only when I watch movies). Maybe it's there's a picture of me and two friends from a 2016 show and I'm the only one still alive of the three. Maybe it's a good friend of mine, who went to many shows, came home from the first European leg this year, wasn't feeling well and was diagnosed with leukemia. He's now getting regular chemo treatments and is in and out of the hospital. And I did cry a second time later on in the show.

9. SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT (tour premiere)
A song that was a tour staple for so many years was back for the first time in 2023.
"A little summer song for you. Can you feel the spirit?" Bruce said. He had the crowd do the "Yeah! Yeah!" part twice.
Bruce went to the far right and far left of the stage. I know he sound checked it but for a song not played since 2017, they nailed it.
Great to see Bruce and Jake sit on the front steps, Bruce leaning back into Jake. They did that a lot in past tours.
This was a lot of fun.

10. Kitty's Back
At the end Bruce asked Roy to keep going on the piano.
11. Nightshift
12. E Street Shuffle
13. Mary's Place
"Is Jersey in the house?" Bruce asked. "That's what I like to hear in my hometown."
Fun to see our own Jamie Brownstein get some Bruce love as he sat down on the rail right next to her for about a minute.

14. Last Man Standing
Maybe Bruce as said this before, tonight during his talk beforehand, he said, "And I got kicked out of my first band. Shows what the f*** they know!"
He also said, "Live every moment like it's your last."
15. Backstreets
16. Because The Night
17. She's The One
18. Wrecking Ball
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
21. Thunder Road
The tears came again out of nowhere. Don't ask my why. I have know idea but they were flowing.
I liked how after the crowd sang the "Show a little faith ..." part Bruce had a huge smile and laughed.

Encores:
22. Born To Run
23. Rosalita
24. Seven Nights To Rock
I don't think the crowd really knew what this was. Took a while for them to warm up to it.
25. Glory Days
I have always enjoyed Bruce and Steven's banter during this. Tonight' mention about "she could turn all the boys' heads," Steve said: "Oh yeah, she was foxy!"
26. Dancing In The Dark
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
28. I'll See You In My Dream
Bruce: "Gold bless everyone. Safe home. We'll be back Sunday."

Show over at 10:49 p.m. for a 2:57 show.

Next show: Sunday, Sept. 3 at the same stadium.

Sound check: "Spirit in the Night," "The Ties That Bind" and "Fourth of July Asbury Park (Sandy). I sure hope we get "Sandy" on Sunday.

Some random notes: I thought the sound was pristine. Just perfect from where I was sitting.
I have arthritis in both my knees now and I just physically can't do a GA anymore. Most of my friends do GA and it really hurts me that I can't stand along with them anymore. I sat solo tonight and at first I felt very down that I would feel alone and be alone.
But a lot of people came up to me, said they read these report and that made me feel good. Thank you.

I was fortunate to get a front-row seat behind the pit in Section 2 for tonight. Not being able to stand for three straight hours, I liked that I could sit when I needed to and have a rail in front of me to lean on. When I first got to my seat, a stadium security person told me that I might be blocked by the cameraman and if that was the case, let them know and they would move me. The cameraman was right in front of me so I told them. A very nice person from the stadium told me he would move me over to front row on the aisle. Perfect spot. And he even came back twice to ask me if I was OK.

Sorry this is a bit long as it's about 1:15 a.m. as I type this.
It was a special night in New Jersey. While I still have some issues with the set list there was no place I would rather be, and it's a lot of fun seeing so many familiar faces on the big screen.

It was a great way to kick off the Labor Day weekend.

Thank you for reading.
31.07.2012 - when Helsinki turned to Heavenski
rane
Mr. BruusTone
Viesti:

2023-09-03 - METLIFE STADIUM, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

LONESOME DAY / NIGHT / NO SURRENDER / TWO HEARTS / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT / LETTER TO YOU / THE PROMISED LAND / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / KITTY'S BACK / NIGHTSHIFT / ATLANTIC CITY / MARY'S PLACE / LAST MAN STANDING / BACKSTREETS / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / SHE'S THE ONE / WRECKING BALL / THE RISING / BADLANDS / THUNDER ROAD / JUNGLELAND / BORN TO RUN / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / DETROIT MEDLEY / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / JERSEY GIRL

28-song set includes the tour debut of "Two Hearts" (including "It Takes Two") and the returns of several tour rarities, including "Something In The Night", "Jungleland", "Detroit Medley", and "Jersey Girl", which becomes the second song to close a show on the tour. "Ghosts" and "I'll See You In My Dreams" are each dropped for the first time on the tour.
rane
Mr. BruusTone
Viesti:

Ja laitetaan tänne tuore ja oivallinen raportti Stan Goldstein:iltä, lähes 3hrs keikka taas ja setti alkanut elää. Lopetusbiisinä ei ollutkaan enää Ill see you in my Dreams vaan Jersey Girl. Kuten US tapana ollut, 1 Tour Prem. Ja saivat Junglelandin!

———
Sunday, Sept. 3, 2023
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey set list

What can you say? Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band came out for their third and final show in New Jersey and pitched a perfect game.

It's a show that will go down in the memory bank as another classic New Jersey show, maybe not one of the best ever, but pretty damn good.

Just when many felt this set list needed a shakeup, Bruce Springsteen proved it all night on a warm and muggy evening.

Lights out: 7:48 p.m.
First note: 7:50 p.m.

"Hey New Jersey! How's my people? Let's go get them," Bruce said as he took the stage and go get them he sure did.

1. Lonesome Day
2. Night
3. No Surrender
I thought Bruce's voice was a little rough here.
Bruce then held up two fingers to the band and we got the tour premiere of:
4. TWO HEARTS (tour premiere)
They did the "It Takes Two" part at the end. Bruce also noted that Little Steven "Lost a lot of weight."
5. Prove It All Night
6. Something In The Night
Only the second time it's been played this tour, the first was on May 9 in Dublin. Bruce's voice sounded fine here.
7. Letter To You
8. The Promised Land
9. Spirit In The Night
Played for the second show in a row "Is Jersey in the house tonight?" Bruce asked at the start.
He then went to both far sides of the stage up front by the fans and shook hands with several fans from Japan. He also did what he's been doing lately, jumping up and sitting on the rail and leaning back into some fans. I believe one of the girls by him was the fan who dressed up like Annie on Wednesday night. Maybe someone knows for sure.
Bruce had the crowd sing the "Me and Crazy Janey was makin' love in the dirt, Singin' our birthday songs," part.
Once again Bruce sat with Jake Clemons on the center stairs.

One woman up front on the rail held up a sign that read "Old people need harmonicas too." I don't know if she got one.

10. Kitty's Back
11. Nightshift
I noticed Bruce's shirt was soaked. It was a warm (82 degrees and a bit humid).

12. Atlantic City
Always great to hear. Played for the third time in the last four shows.
13. Mary's Place
"Let's bring it down Max! Way down," Bruce said and "Don't Bruce me when I'm working. I don't want to be Bruuuuced!"
At the end he took a sign that read "Letter to You" on one sign and looked like it was signed by many fans on the other. That's what it looked like on the big screen. Maybe someone can tell me exactly what it was.
14. Last Man Standing
Once again Bruce mentioned how he was "thrown out of my first band and I showed them what the f**** do they know."
The Barry Danielian trumpet solo is always a nice touch.
15. Backstreets
16. Because The Night
17. She's The One
18. Wrecking Ball
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
Back on the Darkness tour in 1978, one of my high friends named Jimmy Carter (yes, that is his real name) noticed every time Bruce sang the "Well, don't waste your time waiting, Badlands, you gotta live it everyday" that Max would hit double cymbals. Now 45 years later, Max still does it. So I have a routine that every time Max hits those double cymbals I text Jimmy and another high school friend a video with the caption "Double Cymbals!!!"

21. Thunder Road
I thought Bruce's voice sounded a bit rough here.

Encores:
22. Jungleland
Well I didn't think I would do it, but the tears started to flow here a bit. It happened during Steve Van Zandt's guitar solo. I always loved it and when I would go to shows with Obie she always appreciated it and clapped like crazy for it. Brought back memories of me liking it at shows more than 40 years ago.
Played for only the second time this tour, the first was at Madison Square Garden on April 1.
23. Born To Run
24. Rosalita
25. Detroit Medley
Nice to hear this instead of "Glory Days" tonight. Played for only the third time this tour.
26. Dancing In The Dark
The shirt is ripped open.
Band introductions.
Bruce wets himself down with a yellow sponge.
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
"I want to thank you for three incredible nights at MetLife Stadium" Bruce says before he plays:
28. Jersey Girl
Wow, a different closer with the full band. This was the first time this tour that "I'll See You in My Dreams" was not played.
Bruce said during the song: "Hold onto your baby, put your arms around here and give her a kiss."

"Thank you Jersey!" Bruce said before leaving a stage.
As a friend texted me: "That was a beautiful way to end the show."
Yes it was.

Show over at 10:48 p.m. for a 2:58 show.

Next show: Thursday, Sept. 7 at the JMA Wireless Dome in Syracuse, New York

What more can I say? Just a phenomenal show and a great way to end the summer. There was no soundcheck and with the heat and humidity, I wasn't sure we would get many surprises, but we sure did. For the third show in five nights, Bruce seemed strong all night long. Amazing that he will be 74 in three weeks.
Before the show, some of the crew held up five big letters spelling out "KEVIN" for guitar tech Kevin Buell. That was fun to see.

Matt Milius makes a great point that I didn't even pick up on. Seven of the eight songs off "Born to Run" were played tonight. Only one missing was "Meeting Across the River."

Interesting when Garry Tallent took the stage. He stood there for a few seconds looking straight ahead like he was ready for battle!

There was no mention of Jimmy Buffett.

Oh what else can I say. I guess just don't ever count Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band out. They deliver night after night after night for 50 years now. Appreciate it all. You never know when "we may never pass this way again" to steal a line from Seals & Crofts, my favorite band before my Springsteen fandom. It's been a wonderful ride and it keeps giving and giving. I'm still floating on air from this show.

A special thank you to Julie Chinatown Chaz who got me a nice cold water when I was hot and thirsty.

And thank you, if you made it this far, for reading this.
Youngstown
Downbound Train

Viesti Kirjoittaja Youngstown »

Oliko 37 eri biisiä kolmeen iltaan?
tillie
Lucky Man

Viesti Kirjoittaja tillie »

Olis varmasti ollu hienoa olla tuollakin mukana! Näiden triplakeikkojen tunnelma välittyi jopa takkuilevien livestriimien ja muiden tuubipätkienkin välityksellä aina kotisoffallekin asti. Yleisössäkin näytti olevan hyvä tunnelma, myös sielä ylempänä. Kyllä nyt kannatti valvoa. Aika puskista tuli tuo viimeöinen Jungleland ja yllättävä lopetus oli tosiaan tuo Jersey Girl. Jäi meikälläkin ihan suu auki, kun tajusin, ettei sitä ”I’ll See You in My Dreams” tulekaan. Mutta jep, hyvä kokonaisuus oli kaikkinensa tämäkin. Ja kiitos rane, kun jaoit noita Staninkin keikkaraportteja tänne naamakirjan ulkopuolellekin. Oli kiva niitäkin lukea.
"For the ones who had a notion -
A notion deep inside -
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive."
Vastaa Viestiin