High hopes 14.1.2014

Kaikki Brucen julkaisut, sekä levytykset että DVD:t
Laura
Queen of the Supermarket

Re: High hopes 14.1.2014

Viesti Kirjoittaja Laura »

Ile kirjoitti:
teromk kirjoitti:^^ DVD ei siis ole Wembley vaan Hard Rock Calling. Pöh.

Mutta mikä parasta, Amazoniin voi tehdä preorderin myös vinyylistä. 47 dollaria, kallis mutta pakollinen.
Eipäs nyt tuomita. Oli kuitenkin paras American Land ikinä.

Vakavasti puhuen, ehkä viime kesältä olisi joku muukin keikka löytynyt dvd:ksi.
Melkein olisi kyllä pakko hankkia, kun kerrankin olisi ihan virallista keikkaa, jossa on itse ollut mukana :) Vaikkei se nyt mikään uskomaton keikka ollutkaan, mutta SILTI!
I turn back for a moment and catch a smile
that blows this whole fucking place apart...
kekko
Mr. Podcast

Viesti Kirjoittaja kekko »

Ennakkotilaus tehty Amazonin CD/DVD-paketista.
It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
Bowmore
Mr Tongue Twister

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bowmore »

Ja kukahan tarjoaa sitä t-paidan ja kahvikupin kanssa? Pitäisikö odotella hetki?
Wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face
teromk
Travelin' Man

Viesti Kirjoittaja teromk »

^^ samoin, kunnes parempaa ennakkotilattavaa tulee.

Virallista DVD-materiaalia on kohta siis kaikilta kolmelta Brucen Hard Rock Calling vierailuilta.
Ile
Saved by rock'n'roll

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ile »

Laura kirjoitti:
Ile kirjoitti:
teromk kirjoitti:^^ DVD ei siis ole Wembley vaan Hard Rock Calling. Pöh.

Mutta mikä parasta, Amazoniin voi tehdä preorderin myös vinyylistä. 47 dollaria, kallis mutta pakollinen.
Eipäs nyt tuomita. Oli kuitenkin paras American Land ikinä.

Vakavasti puhuen, ehkä viime kesältä olisi joku muukin keikka löytynyt dvd:ksi.
Melkein olisi kyllä pakko hankkia, kun kerrankin olisi ihan virallista keikkaa, jossa on itse ollut mukana :) Vaikkei se nyt mikään uskomaton keikka ollutkaan, mutta SILTI!
Juu, näinhän se on. Kaikki ostetaan, mitä saadaan. Toivottavasti olisi sitten edes koko keikka. Kesken keikkaa napattu Bitusa jäisi hyvin luultavasti yhteen katseluun.
Let go of the little distractions
Hold close to the ones that you love
Cause we won't all be here this time next year
So while you can, take a picture of us
JKolari
Growin' Up

Viesti Kirjoittaja JKolari »

Kukas sitä arvailikaan että kyseessä voisi olla EP eikä albumi? No, tässä saadaan ehkä konseptiltaan sellainen albumin mittainen EP, mikä on mainio veto omissa kirjoissani. Hieman vaan huolestuttaa jos tämän kylkiäisenä jo kaupataan Born in the U.S.A- keikkapätkää viime kiertueelta, niin mitä se tietää (toivottavasti jossain ajatuksissa työn alla olevalle) Born in the U.S.A. 30-vuotisjuhlaboksille?
kekko
Mr. Podcast

Viesti Kirjoittaja kekko »

Nyt on julkaistu nimibiisin video.

It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
teromk
Travelin' Man

Viesti Kirjoittaja teromk »

Ja levyn liner notesit Brucelta:

I was working on a record of some of our best unreleased material from the past decade when Tom Morello (sitting in for Steve during the Australian leg of our tour) suggested we ought to add "High Hopes" to our live set. I had cut "High Hopes," a song by Tim Scott McConnell of the LA based Havalinas, in the 90's. We worked it up in our Aussie rehearsals and Tom then proceeded to burn the house down with it. We re-cut it mid tour at Studios 301 in Sydney along with "Just Like Fire Would," a song from one of my favorite early Australian punk bands, The Saints (check out "I'm Stranded"). Tom and his guitar became my muse, pushing the rest of this project to another level. Thanks for the inspiration Tom.

Some of these songs, "American Skin" and "Ghost of Tom Joad," you'll be familiar with from our live versions. I felt they were among the best of my writing and deserved a proper studio recording. "The Wall" is something I'd played on stage a few times and remains very close to my heart. The title and idea were Joe Grushecky's, then the song appeared after Patti and I made a visit to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington. It was inspired by my memories of Walter Cichon. Walter was one of the great early Jersey Shore rockers, who along with his brother Ray (one of my early guitar mentors) led the "Motifs". The Motifs were a local rock band who were always a head above everybody else. Raw, sexy and rebellious, they were the heroes you aspired to be. But these were heroes you could touch, speak to, and go to with your musical inquiries. Cool, but always accessible, they were an inspiration to me, and many young working musicians in 1960's central New Jersey. Though my character in "The Wall" is a Marine, Walter was actually in the Army, A Company, 3rd Battalion, 8th Infantry. He was the first person I ever stood in the presence of who was filled with the mystique of the true rock star. Walter went missing in action in Vietnam in March 1968. He still performs somewhat regularly in my mind, the way he stood, dressed, held the tambourine, the casual cool, the freeness. The man who by his attitude, his walk said "you can defy all this, all of what's here, all of what you've been taught, taught to fear, to love and you'll still be alright." His was a terrible loss to us, his loved ones and the local music scene. I still miss him.

This is music I always felt needed to be released. From the gangsters of "Harry's Place," the ill-prepared roomies on "Frankie Fell In Love" (shades of Steve and I bumming together in our Asbury Park apartment) the travelers in the wasteland of "Hunter of Invisible Game," to the soldier and his visiting friend in "The Wall," I felt they all deserved a home and a hearing.

Hope you enjoy it,

Bruce Springsteen
jjvirta
Mr. Collector

Viesti Kirjoittaja jjvirta »

Amazonin paketista tehty ennakkotilaus.
"I believe in the love that you gave me
I believe in the faith that can save me
I believe in the hope and I pray that some day
it may raise me above these Badlands"
Luckyman63
Downbound Train

Viesti Kirjoittaja Luckyman63 »

Cdon.comissa vinyyli 26,95

http://cdon.fi/musiikki/springsteen_bru ... 9-25780935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You´ll never walk alone
Vastaa Viestiin